This year, I am very excited to introduce Font Friday. I admit it, I am a font addict. If there is some kind of Font Recovery Program out there, I should be the president. I especially love FREE FONTS. My favorite website for getting free, safe fonts is http://www.dafont.com/. Each Friday of 2o11, I am going to insert a link for my favorite new font of the week. Some may be sassy, some formal, some just plain and simple….I guess it will depend on my mood! Check back each week and by the end of the year, you’ll have a collection of 52 new fonts for your computer.
Week 1- I am constantly looking for happy, scripty fonts to use on my Silhouette cutter. I love this font because it is clean and simple, and yet it is welded together.
Follow these instructions to download this font:
1. Visit http://www.dafont.com/lobster.font
2. Click on the “Download” button
3. Click “Open”
4. Select “Extract All Files” from the left menu bar
5. Click “Next” and continue through the extraction process.
6. Open your font folder by clicking on START→CONTROL PANEL→FONTS(double click to open folder)
7. Click on the “Lobster” File that you downloaded and drag it into your font folder. A box will appear saying that the font is downloading. When it is complete, you should be able to access the font from all of your programs.